To help achieve our carbon footprint, SAINT GILES will:
• Minimise waste through the three ‘R’ approach of reducing, reusing or recycling, proving that waste can be seen as a resource with many alternative uses. SAINT GILES promotes recycling and the use of recycled products to help reduce the burden of landfill and therefore methane generation.
• Promote environmental awareness and responsibility amongst its employees, partners, contractors and service users. Educate and train employees on recycling and responsible use of utilities to continually reduce waste, and adopt a circular model whereby our waste becomes someone else’s resource.
Actions taken to date include:
- The replacing of all fluorescent tubes with energy efficient plastic tubes.
- The refitting of all globes with LED globes.
Installation of energy efficient timers for geysers.
- Minimising the landfill disposal of non-biodegradable material by recycling plastic, cardboard, metal and paper.