the work centre
As a result, we are well aware of their capabilities and they produce work of a very high quality We are looking for more work for the Work Centre to make the permanent employment of our disabled employees more certain and also give us the opportunity to provide employment to more disabled people FSSC CERTIFICATION FOR FOOD SAFETY We are very proud of the fact that in May 2014 we were assessed and found to comply with the requirements of the FSSC Certification Scheme for food safety systems including ISO 22000:2005, ISO/TS 22002-1:2010 and additional FSSC 22000 requirements. This certification is applicable for Receiving of Raw Materials, Storage; Packing of Spices, Storage and Distribution.Work Centre Customers are currently companies such as:
- National Bioproducts Institute
- Brand Identity
- Jurgens Caravans
- 3 Tiger Promotions
- National Brands / Entyce
how can you help?
If you know of a company who requires their goods to be hand packed, sorted or assembled give them our contact details.
- Our Work Centre employees are capable of handling a broad range of work which demands a variety of skills
- The most complex work is probably the packing of herbs and whole spice for Unilever under the Robertsons brand. We have been doing this work for approximately 41 years. We work to very strict quality and hygiene requirements and our facilities are regularly audited by Unilever. Our employees are capable of packing approximately 50,000 boxes of herbs and whole spice a week. The volume is reliant on the mix of product being packed
- We also undertake relatively simple tasks. Tying strings to cardboard labels and packing tennis racquet strings are two of these more easy tasks
Examples of some of the Herbs and Whole Spice products we pack for Unilever. We have been doing this packing for 41 years
Tennis Racquet Strings which we pack for Brand Identity. We have been doing this packing for 13 years
- Another complex task is the packing of blood by-products for the National Bioproducts Institute, which itself is also a non-profit organisation. There are 21 by-products which we pack into a variety of boxes. This process in some cases includes labeling and normally also includes an information leaflet. We have done this type of work for NBI for approximately 39 years. Because of the controls which became necessary some time ago when packing this type of product, our employees now work at NBI under the supervision of one of our employees
- By comparison, the making of guy ropes for Jurgens, the packing of information leaflets for Pro-print, the packing of oil test kits for Wear Check is much less complex
Packing of blood by-products for the National Bioproducts Institute. We have been doing this packing for 41 years
You can see the type of work which our workers are capable of doing. Please give us the chance to quote to do work for you.